VeraCore Software Solutions, Inc. (VeraCore) has a fantastic opportunity for an entry-level developer to join our Agile software delivery team as a Software Engineer. VeraCore software is used by top names in the fulfillment, ecommerce and graphic communications to service many of the world’s most respected brands.
In this role, you’ll work closely with the product owner and architect to develop a leading edge, cloud-native enterprise application implementing independently deployable modular services. This position is an exciting opportunity to make an impact on an exciting new multi-year project.
As a small software company, our developers are the Rock Stars who make the magic happen for our customers, not just members of “IT” at a big corporation. Working at VeraCore means creating and collaborating with other driven individuals in a fun and casual work environment. In addition to innovating every day, we also foster a team environment with lunch-time video game battles, end of week social gatherings, and off-site team events.
- Analyzing the Product Backlog and Refining Business Requirements with the team
- Sprint Planning – Creating a plan for software delivery including devops, integration and unit testing
- Backend Development - C#, Kafka, REST, GRPC, SignalR, Redis
- Database Development - Relational SQL, Document store NoSQL, Graph
- Front-end Development
- Blazor, WebAssembly, ReactJS, AngularJS, Redux experience Helpful
- Testing including unit, integration, and automated feature testing using Gerkin and Selenium
Qualified Candidates Should Possess
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively with the team and be open with ideas and concepts to drive the project forward
- Passion for new and emerging technologies, software development, taking ownership of contributions
- Experience developing object-oriented applications using design patterns and following SOLID and DRY principles
- Exposure to reactive programming techniques, multi-threading and asynchronous programming and developing concurrent, parallel, distributed systems (CPD)
- Experience developing and working with RESTful web service APIs
- Knowledge of Test-Driven Development including Clean Code, Unit Testing and Integration Testing
- Exposure to safe coding practices and application security
- Exercises strong judgment, especially in a fast pace environment
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts and tools (e.g. Git, Visual Studio Team Services)
- Experience with application containerization with tools such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field
This position is the perfect match for someone with strong analytical skills who enjoys facing new challenges. Good communication skills are key. This is an excellent opportunity for forward-looking individual seeking to stay on the leading edge of technology.
This position offers a generous compensation package that includes both medical and dental insurance as well as a 401k retirement plan. We offer a fast-paced environment with a casual atmosphere. This is NOT a telecommuting position; you will be working at our office in Rocky Hill, Connecticut.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
VeraCore Software Solutions, Inc.
1086 Elm Street - Suite 200
Rocky Hill, CT 06067
Email: [email protected]